12-Step, AA, Addict's Devotional, Addiction, Alcohol, Alcoholism, Beat, CA, Christian Recovery, Cocaine, Crack, Disease, Drug, Drugs, God, Health, Higher Power, Marijuana, NA, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Religion and Spirituality, Substance abuse
Normally people would be looking for something “Christmassy” but truth be told, I stopped celebrating this holiday in 1977 and this suits me fine because those of our friends who are still, “out there” most likely will not be celebrating it either and someone has to focus on them, and their needs, despite what the rest of the world is doing. For them, the day will be the same as the one before it and tomorrow will be as this one, so “The beat goes on” for them and until we stop the beat there is no celebration worthwhile for an addict than the one of having stopped using drugs and alcohol.
Many addicts will sit in hovels still trying to stay warm because opportunities of buying drugs are slim. Even the dealer has taken their money and purchased gifts for their loved ones and sitting in front of big screened televisions, enjoying a home-cooked meal; but, what about the ones they’ve made their money from? Who thinks about that man, or woman, who sits, in some cases, sick and cannot get help whether legal or illegal? Who thinks about that woman who’s prostituted herself for the next hit but unable to put two dollars together to get something for her child(ren) who haven’t seen her since the last time she’s had a sober moment? Who remembers them?
Although “The beat goes on” so does the love of God and this man who will be thinking of you today; who remembers what it was like trying to get to churches who offered meals the day before and saving something for this day, waiting and waiting, just hoping it will pass quickly so “The beat could go on” for another day.
There is no holiday from drug abuse, for abuse never takes a break until death of either the habit or the addict.
- Lack of Accomplishment: One of the Causes of Drug Abuse? (freedrugrehabcentersportstlucie.wordpress.com)
- Go Cold Turkey? Science Seeks Better Way to Beat Addiction (online.wsj.com)
- 7 Sober Suggestions This Holiday Season (themiracleisaroundthecorner.wordpress.com)
- American College Of Physicians Urges Stricter Controls To Address Prescription Drug Abuse Epidemic (forbes.com)
- Drugs In Usa Schools Article.aspx (mysecuritysign.com)
- Understanding the Problems of Teen Prescription Drug Abuse (safewise.com)
- 1 in 10 in SA has addiction problem (fightagainstdrugabuse.wordpress.com)
- Beaufort methadone clinic the best option to stop the drug abusing (david25890.wordpress.com)
- School Pressure: Rx to Self-Medicate? (wonderfultips.wordpress.com)